Concordia University Chicago
Track & Field Camp of Champions
FOR: Girls and boys who will be 5th through 9th graders in fall 2011, parents, and coaches.
4th graders may attend if accompanied by an adult.
Parents/coaches may attend for free.
WHERE: Concordia University Chicago campus
Dates: June 22-23, 2011
Time: 8:30 AM – 5 PM (bring your own lunch)
Campers will need to bring a sack lunch for themselves.
Cost: $100 per athlete
Registration deadline is June 8 to guarantee camp t-shirt.
In addition to instruction from Concordia University Chicago crosscountry/ track & field staff and athletes, the camp will feature additional speakers and workshop leaders with outstanding knowledge in these fields.
WHAT IS IT? Both seasoned and beginning athletes will benefit from this three-day immersion into the world of track & field, emphasizing field events, sprints, and distance! Meet and learn from featured speakers on a wide range of track & field related topics, which include everything listed above, as well as:
- Speed and power development based on the latest research
- Technical skills in the 100/110 Hurdles, 300 Hurdles, Relays, Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump, Pole Vault, Discus, and Shotput
- Strength training for developing athletes
- Increase of nervous system reaction speed and proper form/development of correct muscle memory
- Motivation and selfdiscipline/Importance of offseason training
- Successful training and racing/Importance of the team
- Nutrition and healthy lifestyle choices/Importance of training journals
- Injury prevention and treatment/Strength training and flexibility
- Setting of specific shortand longterm goals
- Spiritual dimensions of training and competing